In preparation for the changes that we are currently experiencing in school and may continue to over the next few weeks due to COVID-19, Mind have provided some information and guidance in regards to managing our well being at this time.
This link will provide you with a range of advice on how to manage our well being and that of your children at this time.
In addition here are some further suggestions-
* Self-care – Find what works well for you and give yourself the time you need to stay well.
* Support network – Stay in contact with your support network as much as possible (friends, family, colleagues etc.). If you cannot meet face to face then make use of telephone and online communications.
* Websites and apps – Make use of the Mind website or any other online support available.
* GP and emergency services- If you have any further concerns then you can talk to your GP or contact 111 or EM on 999.
At St Bede’s we believe that we are part of God’s creative process, providing the opportunity for each individual to flourish in order to serve the Common Good.
As a school community we are active in taking responsibility for supporting others and we believe that we are all made in the image and likeness of God.
(St. Bede’s Mission Statement)
Mental health is a state of well-being in which every individual realises his or her own potential, can cope with the normal stresses of life, can work productively and fruitfully, and is able to make a contribution to her or his community. (World Health Organisation) At St Bede’s Catholic High School we aim to promote positive mental health for every stakeholder. Appropriate consideration is given to working practices so that stakeholder’s wellbeing is nurtured.
‘For six days you shall labour and do all your work, but the seventh day is a
Sabbath for the Lord your God. You shall do no work that day. For in six days God
made the heavens, earth and sea and all that these contain, but on the seventh day
he rested, that is why Yahweh has blessed the Sabbath day and made it sacred.’
In addition to promoting positive mental health, we aim to recognise and respond to poor
mental health. By developing and implementing practical, relevant and effective mental
health support we can promote a safe and stable environment for staff.
At St.Bede’s we:
- Promote positive mental health in all staff
- Increase understanding and awareness of common mental health issues
- Alert staff to early warning signs of mental ill health
- Provide support to staff in the workplace to prevent mental ill health
- Provide support to staff suffering mental ill health