Welcome to Computer Science
Computer Science is a dynamic and exciting department where pupils can stretch their imagination, learn new skills and challenge themselves in the world of technology. The curriculum is engaging and fun for learners.
In KS3 pupils are given the opportunity to study a broad range of Computing and IT topics in order to equip them with the knowledge and skills needed to succeed in their GCSE choices.
Topics covered include…
E-Safety and using the Internet
Flowol and control systems
Pupils can choose to study GCSE Computer Science.
These are options and can be chosen separately or together.
Edexcel Computer Science
Principles of Computer Science (written examination) = 50%
Computer Based Exam = 50%
- Problem Solving – algorithms, decomposition and abstraction
- Programming – develop code, coding constructs, data types and structures, input and output, operators, subprograms
- Data – binary, data representation, data storage and compression, encryption, databases
- Computers – machines and computation modelling, hardware, logic, software, programming languages
- Communication and the internet – networks and security, the Internet and world wide web
- The bigger picture – emerging trends, issues and impact