Cover & Admin Support Officer Post
Grade 6 SCP 11-19 £21,748 to £25,481 pro rata (from £9,895 to £11,593 actual)
20 Hours per week (07.30am -11.30am) Term time only
The Governors wish to appoint a committed, enthusiastic and dedicated Cover/Administrative Officer, to organise the provision of cover for teaching and learning staff including coordination of cover supervisors, to join the ‘Outstanding’ and committed staff at St Bede’s Catholic High School.
Applications on a CES application form should be marked for the attention of Mr Denton, and received by 12.00noon on Monday 24th May 2021. Interviews will take place on Tuesday 8th June 2021.
Letters, which should be no more than two sides of A4, should address your suitability for the post, and detail the ways in which you would contribute and participate in the school life of St Bede’s Catholic High School.
Job description and person specification is available to download via the “Application Documents” button located at the top and bottom of the page. Please return completed applications to Julie Taylor email@example.com by the date shown.
Under the direction of the SLT member responsible for cover, organise the provision of daily cover for teaching and learning staff. Co-ordinate the cover supervisors and liaise with supply staff and agencies. With guidance, but with significant responsibility and autonomy, be responsible for co-ordinating, monitoring and managing admin/clerical activities or financial processes in liaison with senior admin staff.
Key Accountabilities/Responsibilities – appropriate for this post:
- Organise cover for teaching and learning support staff using Cover programme in Sims
- Manage the daily cover rota and ensure equitable use of staff in terms of frequency
- Coordinate, develop, and quality assure a team of cover supervisors, securing deployment in line with national guidance and under direction from the SLT
- Manage contracts with supply cover agencies liaising with the SBM
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the school’s cover policy
- Update the school diary in 365 ensuring daily operational events have the cover needed in liaison with the assistant SBM.
Additional supporting information – specific to this post.
Indicative knowledge, skills and experience
- Requires organisational skills and knowledge of Cover in Sims
- Working at or towards the national occupation standards for teaching and learning ST57. Organise cover for absent colleagues in line with these standards. Applicants should be working at team management knowledge / skills equivalent to the current national qualifications level 3.
- Willingness to work towards obtaining First Aid Certificate.
Individuals in this role may also:
- Assist with funding/grant applications
- Contribute to marketing and promotion of the school
More information available on the job role and requirements can be found in the “Mentoring and Pupil Support 3 JD & Person Spec” attached within the application documents.
Please email all required documents to: J.Taylor@sbchs.co.uk